SUMMER ACADEMY – ITALY
New products and services for new needs
Politecnico di Milano
Como lake – Italy
Would you like to start your innovative company to create sustainable products and services that meet the new needs of specific users, for example senior
citizens, tourists, kids or the disabled? Enroll in the Milan Summer Academy to experiment with and contribute to socially responsible innovation.
You will study theories and practices that demonstrate the increasing need of specific target groups for corporate social innovation, such as mobility, short supply chains and high quality and environmentally friendly products. For this startup, you will study topics like business model generation, design thinking, design management and marketing and communication.
technology driven ventures in social service design.
• New products and new markets
• Sustainable approach to innovation for new Products and Services
• Service innovation
• ICT as driver and tool with users
• Sectors mentioned: Tourism and Culture, Food and Territories and Wellness and Leisure.
• Design Thinking
• Strategic design
• Idea Communication
• Business Modeling
• Marketing and Communication
• Design Management
KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
• knowledge of entrepreneurial, marketing and financial strategies necessary to start a company.
• knowledge of creative and innovation processes.
• basic understanding of technology trends in various contexts.
• knowledge about strategic design (product service system development) and design thinking tools and methods.
• familiarity with the business model generation tool in order to develop economical and technical issues for the business idea.
• Ability to apply entrepreneurial and design thinking in innovation and business development processes.
• Ability to connect the use of ICT and creativity in the solving of (societal) problems.
• Ability to apply entrepreneurial thinking in the creative and cultural sector.
PRACTICAL AND PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
• Ability to perform on a professional level within an interdisciplinary team.
• Capability to solve conflicts in teamwork.
• familiarity with communication tools in order to present the business idea with different formats (website, video, postcard, social networks etc.)
KEY- AND TRANSFERABLE SKILLS
• problem-solving skills and capability to turn ideas into action.
• capability to convincingly communicate concepts in a verbal and visual way to different audiences.
• ability to communicate value proposition and business idea.
• ability to present and communicate a business idea in an elevator pitch session.
• skills in strategic approach.
• Practice-based approach
• Two-weeks course
• 60 hrs in total
• The main approach will be focus on Strategic Design tools and methods.
USED DIDACTIC TOOLS
NR. OF HRS
|• Team working sessions||15|
|• Mentoring / Coaching||17|
|• Best practices||3|
|• Pitch and presentations||4|
Team working includes workshops
Trends & Inspirations through Key notes as extra hours( famous designers and creative people or
relevant) organized in late afternoon. Please specify what these are in line with the listed didactic tools for the purpose of using a shared vocabulary. For example: ‘Social Events’ or ‘Field Visits.’
Note: the amount of hours listed exceed the agreed 60 in total for the two-weeks programme.
ROLES OF STAFF
• Experts / Professionals from the field
• Mentors / Coaches
• Representative Incubators
Polo Territoriale di Como (Politecnico di Milano)
Via Castelnuovo 7