SUMMER ACADEMY – NETHERLANDS
Creativity and Entrepreneurship in Technology-Driven Innovation
How to become a start-up
University of the arts
Utrecht City Campus
Utrecht, the Netherlands
Would you like to start your innovative (tech) company in the creative industry? Enroll in the Utrecht Summer Academy to gain a solid and hands-on introduction to the entrepreneurial dimensions of technology driven innovation in the creative industries. You will study theories and practices that demonstrate the value of creative thinking, innovation and entrepreneurial behavior in the creative industries, such as the gaming and interaction industry. The goal is to start and support fresh entrepreneurial teams who combine technological development and creativity to influence social change and innovation. For this startup, you will study topics like business model generation, social innovation, service innovation, business planning, design thinking, ICT and entrepreneurship theory.
technology driven ventures in the creative industries.
• New products and new markets
• Social innovation
• Service innovation
• technology and meaning driven innovation
• User-centric design and innovation
• Design Thinking
• Cultural and creative industries
• Managing creative teams
• Business Modeling
• ICT Driven Innovation
• Visualisation, demo design
KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
• knowledge of entrepreneurial, marketing and financial strategies necessary to start a company.
• knowledge of creative and innovation processes.
• basic understanding of technology trends in various contexts.
• strategic design (product service system development) and design thinking tools and methods.
• business model generation tool in order to develop economical and technical issues for the business idea.
• Ability to apply entrepreneurial and design thinking in innovation and business development processes.
• Ability to connect the use of ICT and creativity in the solving of (societal) problems.
• Ability to apply entrepreneurial thinking in the creative and cultural sector.
PRACTICAL AND PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
• Ability to perform the role of designer/entrepreneur in a business development process critically and inventively.
• Ability to identify and evaluate opportunities and risks and adapt to occurring needs and challenges.
• Ability to perform on a professional level within an interdisciplinary team.
• Capability to to perform in and manage a creative team.
KEY- AND TRANSFERABLE SKILLS
• specific creative signature in his/her ideas and plans.
• problem-solving skills and capability to turn ideas into action.
• capability to convincingly communicate concepts in a verbal and visual way to different audiences.
• Ability to to communicate value proposition and business idea.
• Ability to present and communicate a business idea in an elevator pitch session.
• Practice-based approach
• Two-weeks course
• 60 hrs in total
USED DIDACTIC TOOLS
NR. OF HRS
|• Team working sessions|
|• Consultancy (individual or group)||30|
|• Mentoring / Coaching|
|• Best practices|
|• Field visits||9|
|• Pitch and presentations||4|
ROLES OF STAFF
• Experts / Professionals from the field
• Mentors / Coaches
• Representative Incubators
P.O. Box 1520
3500 BM Utrecht