By attending the Summer Academy on Lake Constance you will gain understanding of all the business basics necessary to start a company. You will get a good overview of product development, marketing strategy, financing and accountancy. You will be able to understand technology trends and promptly
identify their impact.
KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
• knowledge of entrepreneurial, marketing and financial strategies necessary to start a company.
• knowledge of creative and innovation processes.
• basic understanding of technology trends in various contexts.
• Ability to apply entrepreneurial and design thinking in innovation and business
• Ability to connect the use of ICT and creativity in the solving of (societal)
• Ability to apply the Lean Start Up approach and tools to a concrete business case.
PRACTICAL AND PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
In particular, you will apply the Lean Start Up approach and tools to a concrete business case. At the end of the two weeks you will be able to analyse a given market and run market research for a specific product/service. You will be able to identify the right customer segment and develop appropriate marketing strategy to target it. You will understand how to develop hypothesis for a business and test it by mean of minimum viable product. Finally, you will define an appropriate business model and recognize on time the need for business model innovation.
• Ability to perform the role of designer/entrepreneur in a business development process critically and inventively.
• Ability to identify and evaluate opportunities and risks and adapt to occurring needs and challenges.
• Ability to perform on a professional level within an interdisciplinary team.
KEY- AND TRANSFERABLE SKILLS
Moreover through the Summer Academy you should be able to develop an entrepreneurial attitude that will help you to successfully manage and motivate a team and sharpen your problem-solving skills. You will work on your communication skills in order to convince people of your idea. Finally you will have the chance to network with other students, entrepreneurs and experts of the ICT field.
• problem-solving skills and capability to turn ideas into action.
• capability to convincingly communicate concepts in a verbal and visual
way to different audiences.
• Practice-based approach
• Two-weeks course
• 60 hrs in total
USED DIDACTIC TOOLS
NR. OF HRS
|• Group Work
|• Field visit
ROLES OF STAFF
• Experts / Professionals from the field
• Mentors / Coaches
• External professors
Lake constance, Germany